Most of us are overwhelmed with expenses, we spend more than we really have. We are human what can I say, we want it , we get it..... We figure, we will be able to pay it by the time the bill comes...
Nothing is further than the truth. And to my dear clients.... I know no matter how low the budget is, it still means expenses. So how do you prepare yourself for the upcoming expenses?
I am no expert, but I am willing to share what I have learned so far. No matter what event you are planning it requires money, whether you do it yourself or hire a planner.
Everyone wants their Event to be memorable, that's why the idea of it exist....and it will be way easier if after your wonderful planned event, you have not stretched your finances too much.
Disciplined spending is what we all should be doing. It's amazing how I will pull off a PERFECT EVENT with all expenses allocated and spent in exact slot, without negotiation.
The logical analysis would indicate if I can do it for someone else, I should be able to do it for myself with no problem.
I have found that I can do better in the Personal expense department, and I have taken steps to do just that. I will suggest to everyone that is looking to plan a Wedding, Baby Shower, Birthday Party or anything else to prepare adequately. It makes a world of difference.
Some basic points that I have decided to follow CONSISTENTLY are as follows:
- Know your income. … ( Mine fluctuates) so I have been tracking it
- Give yourself a weekly allowance. … ( This I had tried and failed, but have restarted)
- Keep receipts and review them weekly. ..( I do this now, and I also shop with coupons).
- Balance your checkbook. … I have always done that , and I hate it...Wish numbers were
- Plan meals and shop ahead. … Yup this is a good one, We eat out only 1 a week and I cook
a lot at home now
- Give yourself permission for the occasional treat. ( I do that, and it cost $2.50) – it's an amazing cookies and creams pie................ So good.
I have discovered the best websites, with the best advice on discipline spending …. Email me for the links.
Wishing you a wonderful week, with lots of disciplined expenses decisions....LOL.....
Decide that this will be your year to THRIVE and just do that..............